A MESSAGE FROM KAITY REIMERS, THE 2021 LCF FAIR QUEEN:
On August 15th, I was crowned as the 2021 Lawrence County Fair Queen. Ecstatic I couldn’t wait for the week to start. From making announcements over the loudspeaker, handing out ribbons at animal shows, throwing t-shirts into the crowed at the demolition derby, and talking to people as I made my way around the fair grounds, the week flew by. Soon after the fair I helped my NHS chapter in my crown do community service for a Marti Park Craft Show. In November I showed the community that Lawrence County Fair supports Veterans by riding on a float in the Veterans Day Parade in New Castle. I also spread the Christmas spirit in the New Castle Lightup Night Parade. Off to States I went in January and boy what an experience that was. From making new friends, which I still keep in touch with today, to learning about my personality type in workshops my experience was an absolute blast. In February the Wilmington Area FFA chapter celebrated FFA. We ended the week in a petting zoo for the elementary students and I assisted in my crown and sash teaching them about agriculture and the animals along the way. We also held this event again in June and the smiling faces that greeted me were excited to ask even more question about the fair this time around. It has truly been a blessing to be the 2021 Lawrence County Fair Queen and I can’t wait to see what the future hold for the Fair Queen Program here in Lawrence County.
INTERESTED IN BEING THE NEXT LCF FAIR QUEEN?
The Fair Queen Contest will take place on Sunday August 15th in the Community Building. The purpose of the Fair Queen Competition Program is to promote and educate young women in PA through the operation of a scholarship program providing educational opportunities and to promote greater public understanding and awareness of agriculture & its importance to PA.
Each Fair Queen shall follow the rules adopted by the Pennsylvania State Association of County Fairs. Contestant DOES NOT have to be a 4-H or FFA member to compete.
Rules and Regulations:
Each contestant must:
- Be a female who is a U.S. Citizen, a resident of Pennsylvania and living in Lawrence County.
- Be at least 16 years of age and not over 20 years old by June 1 of the current year.
- Have never served as local or state fair queen.
- Have her parents’ or guardians’ consent.
- Be single, never married, have had no children & remain so during her reign.
- Not hold any other State or Local title for any other commodity group or pageant during her reign.
- Be available/in attendance the entire week of the Lawrence County Fair.
- Be available to attend the State competition in Hershey, PA in January.
- Agree to promote the Lawrence County Fair in a positive manner throughout her reign.
- Be available for fair-sanctioned activities throughout her reign including publicity via TV, Newspaper, radio & public appearances.
- Agree to abide by the Fair Queen Dress Code & Behavior Policy.
- Provide two (2) wallet-sized colored photos (can be the same) to be used for publicity purposes. High School or college photos can be used. Photos become the property of the Lawrence County Fair. Include Photographers release if photos were taken professionally and copyrighted.
- Write an essay on “WHAT THE LAWRENCE COUNTY FAIR MEANS TO MY COMMUNITY.” Essay must be 300 words or less, typewritten and must accompany the application.
- Give a 3-5 minute speech to the judges on “WHY YOU SHOULD COME TO THE LAWRENCE COUNTY FAIR.”
- Applications are available at the Fair office or your school guidance office.
- Application must be completed by July 15, 2021, and be returned to the following address:
Lawrence County Fair “Queen Contest” 464 Midway Rd ~ New Castle, PA 16101
- Complete details can be found in the Fair Queen application packet. Further information may be obtained by calling the fair office at 724-654-7745.
Contestants will be judged on the following basis:
Personal Interview 30
Speech Presentation 30
Impromptu Question 15
TOTAL POSSIBLE POINTS 100