Specialty Contests – Dept. 22
DEPT. 22 SECTION 301
HORSE SHOE PITCHING CONTEST
Time: WEDNESDAY at 6:00 PM
PREMIUMS:…..1st – $7 2nd – $5 3rd – $4 4th – $3
1. Men’s Pitching Club
2. Men – age 21 and over
3. Women – age 21 and over
4. Boys – 20 years and under
5. Girls – 20 years and under
DEPT. 22 SECTION 302
LEAD LINE CONTEST
Time: FRIDAY at 7:30 PM in the Show Arena
Registration (Name & Age) due in Premium Office by July 15, 2018.
Personal Narratives are due in Premium Office by August 15, 2018.
1. Competition is open to any person 4 years old and over. Classes will be according to age as of January 1 of the current year.
2. The contest will be judged on the outfit selected, which must be appropriate, attractive and lend elegance to the class.
3. Entrant must furnish his/her own outfit of AT LEAST 75 PERCENT WOOL. The outfit need not be made by the contestant.
4. Narratives must be typed. Handwritten entries will NOT be accepted.
5. Sheep must be a registered ewe lamb or yearling that has been conditioned, fitted and trained to show at halter.
6. Ewes need not be owned by contestant. 4-H & FFA members may use own Market Ewe Lamb or wether – no rams
PREMIUMS:…..1st – $8 2nd – $6 3rd – $4 4th – $3 5th – $2
1-5 Participants under the age of 19 will be divided into 5 classes according to age & number of entries.
6. Participant age group 6 (Adults)
DEPT. 22 SECTION 303
MASTER YOUTH (4-H-FFA) SHOWMAN
Time: Friday August 17, 2018 at 4:00pm in the Livestock Show Arena
This contest will showcase the youth who have earned First Place honors in the Senior Division Showmanship competition.
The Master Youth Showman contest is open to Lawrence County 4-H and FFA Members only. To be eligible to compete, a 4-H or FFA member must have carried their respective species as a project throughout the year. 4-H and FFA members must show an animal in their contest that is carried as his or her own project and owned by that individual. In cases of project animal illness or death, individual consideration will be taken into account by the executive show committee.
Additional rules are the following:
1. Members must be at least 15 years of age as of January 1 of the current year and either compete and win in their species senior division contest or participate in the species master showman class. A separate master showman class will be added for the sole purpose of selecting that species representative if there are two or more showmanship divisions with youth over age 15. Only first-place entrants over 15 will be permitted to exhibit. In the event that there is a combined class of those over and under 15 years of age, the highest placing 15-year-old will compete.
2. In the event that an individual wins multiple species showmanship classes, there will be a random selection out of a hat of which species he/she represents by the executive committee. The second-place qualifier in the other species will represent that species.
3. The Master Showman will show horses, rabbits, goats, sheep, dairy and beef cattle.
4. In the event of a tie, one class will be selected as the tie-breaker by the executive committee prior to the show. In this case, the judge will have individual scores as well as placings. The individual score will be used as the tie-breaker.
Master Showman T-Shirts sponsored by Ed Marks – Ellwood Milled Products