Group Exhibits – Dept. 20
DEPT. 20 SECTION 1 GRANGES
1. Each exhibit prepared by a Subordinate Grange in Lawrence County will occupy a space not more than ten feet wide.
2. Each exhibit should contribute to a better understanding of agriculture or agribusiness, either through its educational value or its promotion of products.
JUDGING: The following scoring system will be used:
ATTRACTS ATTENTION – 20 Points
Use of color, motion, light, figures. While attention getting is important,
the reaction should be favorable. Unfavorable attention defeats its purpose.
AROUSES INTEREST – 10 points
Encourages additional study. Personal appeal to whom the exhibit was designed.
CONVEYS MESSAGE – 30 points
The message should be understandable to whom the exhibit was intended.
DESIGN – 20 points
Elements of the exhibit should be pleasingly placed to give a sense of unity to the whole. The message should be a part of the design and not something apparently added as an afterthought. Simplicity is the key.
WORKMANSHIP -10 points
Neat, well constructed for the purpose. This does not imply expensive materials be used.
ORIGINALITY – 10 points
TOTAL 100 points
1 st -$75.00
CLASS 1 – Grange Exhibits
DEPT. 20 SECTION 2 SCOUT TROOPS
1. Exhibit to be prepared by an organized Scouting unit to show some project or activity related to organized Scouting.
2. Exhibit to be not more than 6 feet wide, 4 feet deep and 8 feet high.
3. Mail entry blank by July 15.
4. The Fair reserves the right to limit the number of entries.
1st – $10.00
2nd – $8.00
3rd – $6.00
4th – $5.00
5th – $4.00
1. Girl Scout Exhibits
2. Boy Scout Exhibits